Camber and Caster

My first "serious" blog

Credit has to go to my father. He has been politely reminding me to start my own blog about cars. To share some knowledge and gain some more. I have been delaying it, and delaying it some more on accounts of being "busy" (sleeping, probably). So now that I'm done with my school, and I am spending a large part of my day thinking of things to do, and watching repeats of Top Gear, I thought I might as well give it a try.
First dilemma: what do I name it? I didn't want anything too obvious, Cars might result in a copyright infringement, for instance! I went through the names of all the fiddly parts in the engine bay that "normal people" don't know about; Flywheel, Distributor, Blow off Valve, and the likes. Finally decided on Camber and Caster, cause it sounded right. Erm...

So what is Camber? And what does Caster do?

Well, if you are reading this, and you found this blog by searching for camber or caster, chances are you want to know exactly what they are. Or if you just wanted to find a blog where a lazy writer talks about some car stuff once a month, then you have found it!
But this brings me on to my next dilemma! Should this be another "How Stuff Works" page, with stuff copied straight from Wikipedia, with complicated animations and many technical pictures, or should it be me writing about what's on my mind currently.
I went for the second option, so sorry if you were looking for what camber and caster do. You should probably check here for that.

So, thank you for reading this far! If you do feel like reading some one else's opinions on everything car related, and either get overcome with a strong desire to stab him, or get all misty eyed about a nostalgic car, feel free to subscribe! Expect some bugs tomorrow!

-Amartya

EDIT: Actually, scrap that, I explained Camber and Caster in another post. Link above.

Comments